Sunday Morning Service
- Sanctuary has Assistive Listening Devices
- All buildings are Handicap Accessible
- Hearing Devices and Large Print Hymnals are available in the Sanctuary from our ushers
- Our Sunday Morning Service starts at 10:30 AM with Rev. Jordinn Nelson Long in the pulpit, except in August (9:30 AM), or unless otherwise noted
- Church School and Childcare in Harrop Center – 10:30 to 11:45 AM
A Description of Our Services
The best way to know who we are as a people is to visit our services:
- In the month of August, we hold services at 9:30 AM on Sundays.
- The rest of the year, our services are held at 10:30 AM on Sundays.
You would recognize our service as Liberal Protestant.
We have three hymns, an anthem by our wonderful choir (which is always welcoming new members), fabulous organ music by our Music Director, Dwight Thomas, a prayer and meditation time, candles of joy and concern by those who feel moved by something in their lives they want to share, a reading from an inspirational text, (which is sometimes scripture from a world religion), and a sermon.
Once a month, our children join us for a part of the service, and there are intergenerational services at special times throughout the year.
We hold an informal coffee hour immediately after the service. This is a great time to meet new people, discuss the sermon topic, and enjoy some social time before we all resume our busy lives.
We all enjoy meeting new visitors at this time, and learning about you as well as answering any questions you have about our religion and our community.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!